A10 has created some sweet treats and cards for her friends. Last night she made the peppermint creams with a little help from her sister. I think I made these as a child too.
To make about 25 peppermint creams, you will need:
250g icing sugar
half the white of an egg
1 teaspoon peppermint essence
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl
2. Mix egg white, peppermint essence and lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into the sugar
3. Use a blunt knife to stir the mixture. Then squeeze it between your fingers until it is smooth, like a dough.
4. Divide the mixture if you want to make different colours. Add a drop of colour to each bowl. Use your fingers to mix in the dye.
5. Sprinkle a little icing sugar onto a clean work surface. Sprinkle some onto a rolling pin and roll out the mixture until it is about 1/4″ thick. Use cutters to cut out shapes.
6. Place shapes onto a baking sheet covered in plastic wrap. Leave for an hour to harden.