It is a year since we wrote the entry about Narnia and the obsession my children seem to have with all things Narnian. It appears that nothing has changed. They still listen to the radio theatre cds often, reread the books and talk about the movie. As they are always ready with a quote in any and every situation we thought we would see if any of you are as balmy as they are!
Do you know which book the following quotes come from? Or who said them?
- “They all say…-that I’m too flighty; don’t take life seriously enough….you’re altogether too full of bobance and bounce and high spirits. You’ve got to learn that life isn’t all fricasseed frogs and eel pie. You want something to sober you down a bit.”
- “I wonder if she doesn’t see that everything that little beast does is all for the sake of showing off.”
- “and their names were Peter and Susan and Edmund and Lucy. And so they reigned for ever so long and everyone had a lovely time, and it was all because of Aslan.”
- “Well done Chief. You never said a truer word”
- “Oh darling, don’t get so excited, I was going to say, even if we were caught everyone would say it was one of my mad jokes. I’m getting quite well known for them. Only the other day-do listen, dear, this is frightfully funny-“
- “Yes, I know, and few return to the sunlit lands. You needn’t say it again. You are a chap of one idea, aren’t you?”
- “If you were not my father, oh ever living Tisroc, I would say that was the word of a coward.”
As I have been typing all these quotes in L12 and A10 have been giving excellent renditions of each one, I wish you could have heard them.